You sometime end up away from your buddies or you would like to learn to rely on yourself
The buddy system is and old. safe and proven system in scuba diving. But you might find yourself being away from your buddy, taking pictures by yourself, shooting a video of several teams or with divers that are not trained to respond to underwater emergencies. This is the reason behind the Self-Reliance specialty course.
The Self-Reliance Diver distinctive speciality will teach you to rely on yourself first with specialized techniques and the use of specialized scuba diving equipment.
This distinctive specialty is also attractive to professionnal divers such as PADI Divemasters, PADI Assistant Insctructors or Open Water Scuba Instructors as in teaching settings, student divers are not yet ready to respond to emergency their can encounter during diving.
In the course you will:
- Learn to efficiently use pony tanks or additional air sources
- Deploy effectively a Delayed Surface Marker Buoy from depth
- Calculate Surface Air Consumption SAC
- Plan dives and turn around pressure
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver ( Certifications from other dive organisations might cover requirements )
- 100 logged dives ( Divemasters can start this speciality at 60 logged dives but can only earn credential at 100 logged dives )
- Successfully complete a dive skills assessment by a PADI Self-Reliant Diver Specialty Instructor
What else is included:
- Transit service from and to you resort or hotel*
- Equipment rental
- Full tanks rental
- Bail out or spare tank and regulator set
- PADI Self Reliant Diver certification card